Tuesday, March 13, 2007

@ The Ambassador's:

Mired in midterms, our class continued presenting on artists for my Landscape Painting class on Wednesday. After sitting through 3 hours of Matisse and driving a screwdriver through my eye to relieve the boredom, class was dismissed and my professor casually mentioned "oh yeah, the US Ambassador to Italy wants to have drinks with some of the young American and Italian artists going to school in Rome. Anyone interested?"
BAH-ZING!!!
Oh baby, I'm there. I left my email for the invite and skipped out the door. And then, I received a little something in the mail:
The Ambassador of the United States of America
and Mrs. Spogli
request the honor of the company of

Mr. Rudzinski

at an Evening of Art and Music
on Friday, March 16
from six-thirty to eight-thirty o’clock

How do I pull this stuff off? Private mass with the 2nd most important man in the Catholic Church? Papal audiences? Dinner with bishops? Drinks with US Ambassadors? To know me is to love me.

More on this topic after I've networked the art scene at the embassy. Live vicariously, friends. Vicariously.

No comments: